PROP (Practitioner Research: Older People’s Support) funded by the IRISS and NHS is a series of practitioner reports on the care of older adults. The series has published 5 reports so far, that highlight different initiatives translated into practice at hospitals and long-term care facilities. The reports look at the logistics of the programs, how they were transitioned into practice and further research considerations.
The 5 report’s that have been published so far are:
· Carer’s Assessment and outcomes focused approaches to working with carers
· Analysis and review of staff training regarding care for older people
· Perspectives on personal outcomes of early stage support for people with dementia and their carers
· Assessment of Home Pathway: the experience of service users, carers and staff in South Glasgow during the early stages of implementation
· Is music the best medicine? Using prescribed music to enhance quality of life for people with dementia and their carer
The reports can be accessed at http://lx.iriss.org.uk/category/learning-exchange-collections/practitioner-research.
For more information on the initiative, please visit their blog at http://blogs.iriss.org.uk/prop/