Living a quality life in the early stage of dementia is an individual choice. With input from people living with the disease, the Alzheimer’s Association has launched a series of online tools to help individuals cope with and live a better life with dementia.
The resources are meant to address five key components of early-stage dementia:
· Life After Diagnosis – Watch video clips from individuals with dementia who reflect on their emotions after receiving a diagnosis and explain how they have come to accept it
· You Are More Than Your Diagnosis – Explore unique aspects of your identity and create a personalized word cloud
· Live Healthy – Discover how you can lead a healthy and balanced life with dementia
· Maximize Your Independence – Determine your strengths and learn strategies for living an independent life, such as by identifying how much you want other people to help you
· Live In The Moment – View videos from individuals who share how their diagnosis changed their outlook on lifeTo view the resource, visit the Alzheimer’s Association website at: http://bit.ly/2o4t3Tl